Friday, February 1, 2008

Reclaiming My Happiness

For a long time, perhaps most of my life, I've been a "Woe is me" person. You know, "woe is me, my house is a mess, my kids don't help, my husband is a packrat, I'm out of shape, I'll be 40 in a few years, I'm bad at maintaining friendships..." On and on it goes.

You know what? I'm lazy. There, I put it out there for the world. I am lazy, fairly selfish, but I don't want to be that way anymore.

No one is going to organize my home if I don't do it myself. My kids won't learn to clean up after themselves and be self-motivated if I don't teach them and show them how. My husband is not going to stop being a clutter bug. I'm going to have to live with it/work around it.

I spend a lot of time thinking about organizing and cleaning and making my home nicer. The little bit I've done lately helps, but it's not enough. So, taking some inspiration from the Reclaiming the Home group on Ravelry and from blogs like Little Turtle Knits, I'm starting today. February 1st.

Time to stop surfing and get to work!

No comments: