Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Repair accomplished!

A couple of days ago I sat down to fix the cable problem on my Mr. Greenjeans sweater. I had inadvertently forgotten to cross one of the cables for several rows. Oops! Following a tutorial on Yarn Harlot, I opted to drop stitches for this fix, rather than frogging back several tedious rows. Gulp. Want to see the magic?

Here you see I've dropped several rows down. I had trouble counting rows, so I had to drop all the way down to where I knew there was a correct cable. I've put those stitches on 2 DPNs, crossed them the correct way, and then slipped them to one needle. Then, I use the strand of yarn from the next row up to knit the stitches. No purling, just slide the DPN over and work the next row again.
Slow going, but making progress!
Finally, all cables crossed correctly and back on the main needles. Whew! It was a bit nerve racking, but I have to say, knowing that I can go in and fix my mistakes like this certainly makes me a more confident knitter.
Now that I'm working the sleeves, hopefully I'll make quick progress. I really want to have this finished in time to go out to Seattle to visit my friends!

Also...

I've been trying some recipes from the book Deceptively Delicious. Some are hits, some are misses. I'd like to record which ones we liked and why, so I hope to do that shortly!

No comments: